POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Festival of POV - ideas : Re: Festival of POV - ideas Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Festival of POV - ideas
From: Ph Gibone
Date: 28 Apr 1999 02:55:38
Message: <3726a2da.0@news.povray.org>
>Or when will the dispute end if they try to reach a consensus?
>It's a potential tower of Babel in the making, I'd say.

If we don't try we will never know !
I don't believe this kind of project (if >5 people) has any chance to be a
winner in any competition because "good+good is not always better" as you
said, but it's a very good place for pleasure and sharing. With the final
image Ken's nephew will be able to say "see that Cadillac driven by Bruce
Willis : it's me !", and I will be able to say "see that wonderful sphere in
the background with the great white texture : it's me", and our moms will be
happy !
Fabien : if you need a white sphere expert, i'm in.

Philippe